[Spambayes] Public Folders

Coe, Bob rcoe at CambridgeMA.GOV
Fri May 7 07:24:48 EDT 2004

Apparently public folders aren't enough like mailboxes to allow Spambayes to scan them. An alternative is to create regular Exchange mail accounts instead of public folders. Then give, for example, the Sales group permision to read the SALES account's Inbox. You can tell Spambayes to filter the Inbox and give yourself permission to read and edit the "definite" and "ambiguous" folders.

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: spambayes-bounces at python.org [mailto:spambayes-bounces at python.org]On Behalf Of Mike Boudreau
Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2004 9:39 AM
To: spambayes at python.org
Subject: [Spambayes] Public Folders

I have recently started using public folders to collect emails sent to "HR", SALES, and INFO.  The vast majority of these emails are spam.  SpamBayes does not filter these emails.  I've tried to segregate these messages in Outlook 2003 by having exchange divert these emails to my "inbox" but then I lose visibility into who these messages were originally addressed to.  Does anyone know how to have SpamBayes filter messages going directly to Public Folders?

Thanks

Mike Boudreau