[Spambayes] Using SpamBayes as a "remote filter"?

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Sun May 9 20:20:21 EDT 2004

>> The SpamBayes Wiki has a program for doing exactly that (plus more,
>> including a whitelist feature and special rules for virus detection):
>>
>>    http://www.entrian.com/sbwiki/SpamBayesCuller

[Tony Meyer]
> I'd forgotten about this.  It seems to me that this'd be a good
> addition to the contrib directory - do you agree?

'Twould be even better if someone volunteered to keep it in working
condition <0.9 wink>.

> Are there any issues with including it given that Andrew has released
> the script into the public domain?

I don't think so.  It's always wise to ask permission first, and some
lawyers say it's legally meaningless for an individual in the US to say
they've released a work to the public domain.  I'm not worried about it,
though.