[Spambayes] Using SpamBayes as a "remote filter"?

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon May 10 02:35:22 EDT 2004

> However: There is another exception within the first mail called:
[...]
>   File
> "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/spambayes/hammie.py", line 38, in
> _scoremsg
>     return self.bayes.spamprob(tokenize(msg), evidence)
> AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'spamprob'

This indicates, I think, that there was some sort of problem opening the
database, although I'm not sure why it gets set to None, rather than raising
an exception, and fiddling about, I can't duplicate this.  What does your
line 348 look like?  It should be something like:

    h = hammie.open("default_bayes_customize.db", "dbm", "r")

If it is something like that, add this after it and see what it prints out:

    print filters[-1].test.sb_hammie.bayes

=Tony Meyer

---