[Spambayes] Re: DBRunRecoveryError: -30982, 'DB_RUNRECOVERY:

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Mon May 10 12:16:58 EDT 2004

[Denis]
> So, my bet is that my database is corrupted because I quit in the
> middle of SpamBayes doing something. This might be what happens to
> other people too?

Alas, we really don't know.  I tried to provoke database corruption, under 3
different Outlook + SpamBayes installations, from time to time over the
course of a year.  I'd quit Outlook in the middle of things, kill it
ungracefully via the Task Manager, and even power-cycle the box while
SpamBayes was training.  I frequently managed to provoke Outlook into
corrupting its .pst files, and one time so badly I had to restore my main
.pst from a backup -- but I was never able to provoke a SpamBayes database
corruption error.

> Hope this is useful, if not, sorry to waste your time!

All clues are helpful -- especially in areas where we're still flying blind.
It makes sense that stopping Outlook "in the middle" of doing something
could lead to corruption, so the bigger mystery to me is actually why I
wasn't able to reproduce these problems.