[Spambayes] Relocate Spambayes Userfiles...

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue May 11 22:28:02 EDT 2004

> I'm running Spambayes with W2K-SP4 and by default cache and db files
> for Outlook and Pop3 (I use both methods) are stored in a directory
> in my Applications profile under C:\Documents and Settings\etc...
> Is there a way to change the location? I'd like to move everything
> (or as much as possible) to another drive.

Yes.  Instructions for doing this are found by SpamBayes->Help->About
SpamBayes->Configuration Guide.  They're down the end under "multiple
configuration files".

Basically you create a "default_configuration.ini" file, put it in either
the directory you installed SpamBayes into (C:\Program Files\SpamBayes, for
example) or the default data directory (C:\Documents and Settings\ etc).  In
the file you put:

And you're done.  Best to do this when Outlook is not running, and you may
also wish to copy the files from the old location to the new one.