[Spambayes] Relocate Spambayes Userfiles...

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue May 11 22:28:02 EDT 2004

> I'm running Spambayes with W2K-SP4 and by default cache and db files
> for Outlook and Pop3 (I use both methods) are stored in a directory
> in my Applications profile under C:\Documents and Settings\etc...
>
> Is there a way to change the location? I'd like to move everything
> (or as much as possible) to another drive.

Yes.  Instructions for doing this are found by SpamBayes->Help->About
SpamBayes->Configuration Guide.  They're down the end under "multiple
configuration files".

Basically you create a "default_configuration.ini" file, put it in either
the directory you installed SpamBayes into (C:\Program Files\SpamBayes, for
example) or the default data directory (C:\Documents and Settings\ etc).  In
the file you put:

"""
[General]
data_directory:c:\other\directory
"""

And you're done.  Best to do this when Outlook is not running, and you may
also wish to copy the files from the old location to the new one.

=Tony Meyer

---