[Spambayes] Startup problems under Office 2003

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu May 13 00:08:34 EDT 2004

> Having downloaded and installed the Intel version
> for Windows XP, the config procedure started and asked
> for folders.

You mean that you started up Outlook and the SpamBayes Wizard appeared?

> After completing it, nothing happens.

So you completed the Wizard, but you don't have a new SpamBayes toolbar?  It
should have a "Delete As Spam" button and a "SpamBayes" button.

> No menu, no addin, no logfile. Just About Spambayes and
> troubleshooting guide.

If you got as far as the Wizard, there is definitely a log file.  Even if
you completed the installer process, there will be a log file.  We really
need this to figure out what is going wrong.

The log file will be in the temp directory.  The troubleshooting guide gives
tips about where this might be, and how to find the file.  (You could maybe
just search for a file called "spambayes1.log").

=Tony Meyer

---