[Spambayes] The joys of error messages.

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu May 13 00:43:48 EDT 2004

> Well, I did try to migrate to a pickle from dbm, it does seem to have
> messed up the database, not sure what else I can tell you.

Did you use the sb_dbexpimp.py script to migrate?  Or just start from
scratch?  At the moment, only the stats db (hammie.db) can be changed over -
you'll have to trash the messageinfo db.

> Just two questions, how is the Mysql support going (as recommended by
> Tony Meyer),

It's there are a sort of experimental option.  I don't know of anyone that
uses it in practice, although it should work, and has been roughly tested.

> and how can I enable it if it is stable enough to use (since I'm
> starting with a new database anyway).

You need to set the [Storage] persistent_use_database option to "mysql".
You can do this via the web interface, I believe, or just by manually
editing your configuration file.  The 'name' of your database should be
something like:

    host:localhost user:username pass:password dbname:database_name

(If you leave any one item out, they default to:

  host = "localhost"
  username = "root"
  password = ""
  db_name = "spambayes"
)

You need to set the mySQL db up yourself first, creating the appropriate
database.  The table "bayes" will be created by SpamBayes.

Feedback would be great!

> Oh, and I'm using the latest CVS, as of today.

Good, you'll need the change I just checked in :)

> And also, should I delete both databases or just hammie.db.

Both.

=Tony Meyer

---