[Spambayes] Configuration ?

papaDoc papaDoc at videotron.ca
Thu May 13 11:15:11 EDT 2004

Hi Bill,

> I have entered the the pop3 remote servers address.
> Now the instructions tell me to go to my email clients
> configuration and put the address of my machine
> where I would normally put the pop3 server address.
>
> Can someone explain what the "address of the
> machine" is and where it would normally go in the
> email clients configuration?

Usually in the configuration of your email client you will have (or
something similar"
"Pop mail Server:
    - Server Name: -----------------------
"
and in the Server Name field you  have, before using Spambayes,
pop3.your_isp.com

Now you should use:
localhost or 127.0.0.1
instead of  pop3.your_isp.com. This is the  "address of the machine"

Remi

--
/"\
\ /