[Spambayes] Re: Using MySQL [WAS: The joys of error messages.]

Alex Brooks askoorb at fastmail.fm
Fri May 14 03:08:55 EDT 2004

Tony Meyer wrote:

>>Well, I have also got the error
>>
>>D:\Python23\Scripts>python sb_imapfilter.py -b
>>Traceback (most recent call last):
>>  File "sb_imapfilter.py", line 121, in ?
>>    from spambayes.UserInterface import UserInterfaceServer
>>  File "D:\PYTHON23\Lib\site-packages\spambayes\UserInterface.py", line
>>

>89, in ?
>

>>    from spambayes import Stats
>>  File "D:\PYTHON23\Lib\site-packages\spambayes\Stats.py", line 34, in ?
>>    from spambayes.message import msginfoDB
>>ImportError: cannot import name msginfoDB
>>
>>As I have said, I am using the latest CVS from the public server.
>>

>Opps.  This is my fault, sorry.  When I said that you'd need CVS for a
>change I had just checked in, I was referring to a change that I *hadn't*
>just checked in.  Now I have:
>
>Checking in spambayes/message.py;
>/cvsroot/spambayes/spambayes/spambayes/message.py,v  <--  message.py
>new revision: 1.50; previous revision: 1.49
>Done
>
>You'll need v1.50 of message.py, which should be available through anonymous
>CVS any time now.  It's a simple change, so you could even just copy it from
>the patch on the check-ins list and apply it yourself.
>
>=Tony Meyer

Still getting:

D:\Python23\Scripts>python sb_imapfilter.py -b
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "sb_imapfilter.py", line 120, in ?
    from spambayes import tokenizer, storage, message, Dibbler
  File "D:\PYTHON23\Lib\site-packages\spambayes\message.py", line 219, in ?
    msginfoDB = MessageInfoPickle(message_info_db_name)
  File "D:\PYTHON23\Lib\site-packages\spambayes\message.py", line 147,
in __init
__
    self.load()
  File "D:\PYTHON23\Lib\site-packages\spambayes\message.py", line 159,
in load
    self.db = pickle.load(fp)
  File "D:\PYTHON23\lib\pickle.py", line 1390, in load
    return Unpickler(file).load()
  File "D:\PYTHON23\lib\pickle.py", line 872, in load
    dispatch[key](self)
KeyError: '\x00'

I think I might have messed something up somewhere on my end, I'll try
deleating the windows\application data\spambayes folder and
reconfiguring from scratch.

Thanks

Alex

P.S.

"Comment:
Handle people using a storage type that isn't pickle/dbm (like one of
the sql ones).

If we trigger the TypeError problem, try to do our best to put the
message together
anyway (this is better than just leaving an X-SpamBayes-Exception
header, which
sb_server/sb_imapfilter currently do.  This is what sb_filter currently
does.  Ideally,
we should move to the new FeedParser in the email package, but we need to do
that in some way that provides 2.2 users with an option.  Maybe use it
if it is there?

Bugfix candidate."

Looks Good! :-)