[Spambayes] registering for all users

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Sat May 15 22:45:27 EDT 2004

> I have been trying to get spambayes to register for
> all users, but get the following screen.
>
> C:\Program Files\SpamBayes\bin\outlook_addin.dll was loaded,
> but the DllInstall entry point was not found.
> File can not be registered.

Try doing this:  (note that this is from the online version of the
troubleshooting guide; it can be worth checking that to see that it hasn't
been updated since the release you're using)

"""
SpamBayes is not available for all users on the machine.

When SpamBayes is installed, by default it is available only for the user
who installed it.  This is to allow SpamBayes to appear in Microsoft
Outlook's Com-Addin list, and therefore able to be activated and
de-activated by the user inside Outlook.
It is possible to register the addin so it is available to all users on a
particular machine, which can be useful in enterprise arrangements where
users have 'roaming profiles'
To register SpamBayes in this way, you must log on as a user with
permissions to modify the system registry, then execute the command
(obviously with the correct path substituted):
    "c:\Program Files\SpamBayes\bin\outlook_addin_register.exe"
hkey_local_machine
If you check the installation log after performing such an install, you
should see the following messages:
    Registered: SpamBayes.OutlookAddin
    Registration complete.
    Registration (in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE) complete.
Note the last line, which does not exist when registration is performed only
for the current user.  Once you have performed this registration, the Addin
will be available for all users - but as noted above, it will no longer
appear in Outlook's Com-Addin list.
"""

=Tony Meyer

---