[Spambayes] Shelve database corruption?

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed May 19 17:59:02 EDT 2004

>> OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
>> 'hammie.db.dir'
>
> That's probably a holdover from some previous incarnation
> where .dir files were getting created (possibly in an environment
> with dbm or gdbm instead of bsddb as the usual database file format).

>From memory, .dir and .dat files are created with dumbdbm, so that'll be why
they're there.  Since we don't allow use of dumbdbm anymore, we could take
that code out of sb_dbexpimp.py, but it really shouldn't be doing any harm
since the OSError should be caught.  That exception not being caught, even
when it was a bare "except:" is very suspicious.

Skip, when you've checked in whatever you're planning on checking in, I'll
do some tests here too with 2.2.  Maybe I'll even get energetic and write
some unit tests ;)