[Spambayes] RE: [spambayes-dev] SpamBayes at message-set boundary

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed May 19 19:01:04 EDT 2004

[Please note that the spambayes-dev mailing list is for discussion about the
development of spambayes, not for bug reports or requests for help.  Those
should either be directed to the spambayes at python.org mailing list, or
entered via the sourceforge system at <http://sf.net/projects/spambayes>.
See <http://spambayes.org/contact.html> for more details.]

> Over several months of use, SpamBayes never filters
> out the spam message that's most recent of current
> harvest of messages, forcing explicit DeleteAsSpam to remove.

It's quite unclear what you mean here.  Could you please:

  * Tell us which SpamBayes application you are using.  It sounds like the
Outlook plug-in, but we need to know for sure.

  * Tell us which version of SpamBayes you are using.  If it's not the
latest (1.0rc1), then please try the latest, as the problem you are
reporting may have already been fixed.

  * Work through the steps in the Troubleshooting guide.  You can get this
online or a copy should be accessible via SpamBayes->Help->Troubleshooting
Guide.  Note that the final step in the guide is including your log file in
any bug report.  This is essential for us to figure out what is happening.

  * Explain what you mean by "current harvest of messages".  Do you just
mean a set of messages downloaded when you instruct your mailer to check for
new mail?

  * What do you mean by "never filters out"?  Do you mean that the message
isn't scored?  Scores over the threshold but doesn't move?  Raises an error?

  * What do you mean by "Over several months of use"?  Do you mean that this
has been happening for several months (which strongly hints that you're not
using the most recent version), or that this has just started happening
after successfully working for several months?

=Tony Meyer

---