[Spambayes] Spam Bayes use in a corporation

Michael C. Neel neel at mediapulse.com
Thu May 20 13:25:47 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-05-20 at 13:12, Brent Bertram wrote:

> Its all good now guys, thanks for the help.  Now they are telling me its not
> corporate standard software so its a no no.  They don't think outside the
> box.

My view on tech depts is you just need to go around them.  I say this as
a VP of Info Sys too =p.  Do some leg work and show how the open source
version will save money, time, and preform better.  Also, *someone*
there has to know python, and I'll be he can look at it and say he could
fix issues in it if need be - or even add something.  If managment see's
the dollor signs, tech depts don't get a say =p.

Another route is just install it and use if for yourself.  Show it to co
workers and help them setup as well.  After a month or two, they'll be
bragging about how much better it works and do your push for you =p.
Though not every company will let you get away with installing software.

Mike