[Spambayes] Re: [spambayes-bugs] X-Spambayes-Exception problem

Jonathan S. Toebbe jtoebbe at physics.emory.edu
Fri May 21 11:57:49 EDT 2004

Sorry about the long delays in responding -- my wife has been very ill.

On Saturday 15 May 2004 10:58 pm, Tony Meyer wrote:
> What version of SpamBayes are you using?  We try and address new ways that
> spammers come up with mangling messages so that they don't become a simple
> way around the filtering.  I thought I recalled that something like this
> was fixed a wee while back (but could be wrong).  If you're not using 1.0b1
> or 1.0rc1, it'd be worth upgrading.

I'll try that -- I installed SpamBayes a while ago.

> What makes you say that SpamBayes identifies them as spam?  From this, it
> seems like SpamBayes is failing to identify them as anything, and tagging
> them as such.

When I review the messages through the web interface, they're tagged as spam,
and their headers are listed as having the correct tag.

There must be some exploit, since I checked my email this morning and *all*
the spam got through with an X-Spambayes-Exception error. Upgrade-away!

Thanks for the help, I'll let you all know if this takes care of it.

Best,
Jon

--
Jonathan S. Toebbe
Department of Physics; Emory University

"We're sorry, but the number you have dialed is imaginary.
 Please rotate your phone ninety degrees and try again.
 Thank you."