[Spambayes] SpamBayes for all users on a machine

Dave Davis CrashDavis at cox.net
Fri May 21 18:32:45 EDT 2004

To allow all users on a machine to use SpamBayes, your troubleshooting guide
says:

"To register SpamBayes in this way, you must log on as a user with
permissions to modify the system registry, then execute the command
(obviously with the correct patch substituted):
    regsvr32.exe /i:hkey_local_machine "c:\Program
Files\SpamBayes\bin\outlook_addin.dll" "

I thought "patch" was a typo for path, and ensured the dll is in the proper
path then ran the command. I got the following error:

"c:\Program Files\SpamBayes\bin\outlook_addin.dll was loaded, but the
DllInstall entry point was not found. This file cannot be registered."

Obviously, I'm missing something.

The installation log is standard without the third line.

I just reloaded windows and installed the software. I must have done
something right the last time because it was working, but I don't know what
it was.

I tried the .9 beta and am now using the release candidate 1 version.

Help

Thanks in advance.

Dave Davis
CrashDavis2002 at cox.net