[Spambayes] Spam Prefiltering

Michael C. Neel neel at mediapulse.com
Sat May 22 17:49:25 EDT 2004

I'd recommend letting all mail goto the inbox, even better if the other
filter is turned off completely.  Blacklisting is bad, FAQ and threads on
this about, lol.

Then train on a balanced set of spam/ham (i do 100 ea), and only train the
ones spambayes gets wrong.  Check on the database every now and then, and if
the numbers get too far off balance, add some more spam/ham to the training
to balance it out.

SB currently handles an account I get over 400 spams a day, and with the
above message I see maybe a few emails a day in suspects, and occasoinally
my brother emails me an ebay link I have to get out of the spam folder, lol.

Mike