[Spambayes] Low-priority feature request

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Sat May 22 21:20:38 EDT 2004

> I believe that in my spam database, there is a TON of useful
> information about how spammers have found me and how they're
> spamming me.  I know that a database import/export command
> exists... but my specific request... would be an advanced
> reporting command that showed the tokens in the database
> which are MOST indicative of "spam"... say the top 100 or so.

I'd agree that some sort of way to peak at the database would be of use to
some people, and I imagine that something will get added to the binary
install at some point (after 1.0, for certain).

However - note that posting a feature request to the list is not generally a
good idea.  While it'll most likely get read, unless it's something that
could/should be done immediately, it's likely to get lost in all the other
(typically problem related) list traffic.

I'd recommend opening a feature request tracker on sourceforge:
<http://sf.net/projects/spambayes>.  This way it won't get lost, it's easy
for people to make comments, or submit patches, and there's a simple way to
track when it gets added (or rejected).

=Tony Meyer

---