[Spambayes] Login Issues [Duplicate]

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Sat May 22 23:46:24 EDT 2004

> I wasn't subscribed to the list so I wanted to make
> sure this got sent over. If it is duplicated...I'm sorry.
> I should be good to go now with the spambayes subscription.

It was - you don't need to be subscribed to post to this list.

> This is the issue I am having loging into the configuration page:
>
> Windows XP, 0.6 SpamBayes, No log files that I know of.

If you're using a binary version, then there will be log files (the
troubleshooting guide explains where to find them).  If you're using the
source, then there won't be any.

> I was configuring the software, it was working fine. I
> changed the Username and password, I wanted to test out the
> encryption for the webadmin and ever since I have not been
> able to get back in. I know what I changed it too and that
> isn't working and neither is admin:admin. My browser did seem
> to hang in the middle of the save and I had to close it.
> That is when I opened it up and cannot get logged in.
>
> Thoughts? I tried just uninstalling the program and re
> installing, but it is holding that setting.

Your configuration and training data are deliberately not removed when you
uninstall/reinstall.  You'll find the configuration in a file called
bayescustomize.ini, which will be in your data directory.  The
troubleshooting guide explains where to find that, too.

If you open up the file, it should have a line starting with
"http_user_name" and one with "http_password".  Delete those, or change
them, and things should work again.

=Tony Meyer

---