[Spambayes] sb on Fedora Core 2

Steffan Henke henker at s-h-com.de
Sun May 23 09:57:20 EDT 2004

I just upgraded FC1 to FC2, which includes python-
2.3.3-6. Updated my spambayes, tried the rc and cvs
tree. Deleted and re-created the old .hammiedb,
created .spambayesrc according to the docs.

Now, every time I pipe an email through sb_filter.py, all I
get is:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/sb_filter.py", line 257, in ?
main()
File "/usr/bin/sb_filter.py", line 248, in main
action(msg)
File "/usr/bin/sb_filter.py", line 180, in filter
return self.h.filter(msg)
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-
packages/spambayes/hammie.py", line 109, in filter
prob, clues = self._scoremsg(msg, True)
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-
packages/spambayes/hammie.py", line 38, in _scoremsg
return self.bayes.spamprob(tokenize(msg), evidence)
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-
packages/spambayes/classifier.py", line 190, in
chi2_spamprob
clues = self._getclues(wordstream)
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-
packages/spambayes/classifier.py", line 493, in _getclues
tup = self._worddistanceget(word)
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-
packages/spambayes/classifier.py", line 508, in
_worddistanceget
prob = self.probability(record)
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-
packages/spambayes/classifier.py", line 311, in
probability
assert spamcount <= nspam
AssertionError

I am pretty clueless as far as python is concerned, so I
don't see what is wrong here.
sb_mboxtrain.py and stuff works as before, it's just
sb_filter that gives problems which is a bad thing since I
want to call it from a procmail recipe.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Steffan