[Spambayes] IMAP enhancement requests and problems seen...

Paul Michali pcm at cisco.com
Mon May 24 10:56:47 EDT 2004

Hi! Great tool!  I just updated to 1.0rc1 under an IMAP
environment (Solaris), without a hitch.

As an enhancement, can you add a "hamfolder" configuration
option that would allow ham to be moved to that folder? With
the previous version of spambayes (1.0), I was seeing a
problem where I'd read mail in my inbox, before the filter
had processed the mail, so it would then re-appear in my in
box as unread (even if I had moved the mail to a different
folder on the server).  I did a quick hack to add a ham
folder option to my verion and it works nicely. Now, I just
look at a ham folder, for my incoming mail, instead of the
inbox.

A problem that I seem to have with spambayes, running the
imapfilter, is that occasionally the script exits saying
"Invalid server or port, please check these settings". I
added some debug and the server is in-fact my mail server
and the port is 143. This fails, BTW, after days of running
just fine. Any ideas?

Finally, if I start another instance of spambayes, with
"sb_imapfilter -b -p hammie.db -P", I get the browser
window up, but all the stats say zero. If I click on the
"More-statistics..." link, I get this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):

   File "/users/pcm/lib/python/spambayes/Dibbler.py", line 461, in
found_terminator
     getattr(plugin, name)(**params)

   File "/users/pcm/lib/python/spambayes/UserInterface.py", line 1016,
in onStats
     s = Stats.Stats()

   File "/users/pcm/lib/python/spambayes/Stats.py", line 42, in __init__
     self.CalculateStats()

   File "/users/pcm/lib/python/spambayes/Stats.py", line 58, in
CalculateStats
     for msg in msginfoDB.db.keys():

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'keys'

I mentioned this once before, but I don'[t recall us getting
anywhere with the problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for such an awesome tool!

PCM @ WORK (Paul Michali)