[Spambayes] Mass Distribution for Training Set

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon May 24 19:17:32 EDT 2004

> can we configure one training file and load the same
> training file on all machines as default set? In this case,
> for example, the training file would be training.file and
> we could copy and paste to all workstations. How would this
> work?

Simply copy the default_bayes_database.db file from the data directory on
the system you used to train to the data directory on each of the user's
systems.  When they open Outlook, they'll have training data already (the
logs will contain a warning about the message database count not matching
the token database, but you can ignore that).  Make sure you do this when
Outlook is closed, though.

I'd recommend only starting them off with a small database, even if you
don't expect them to train (maybe 100 ham and 100 spam), and ensuring that
it's evenly balanced.

=Tony Meyer

---