[Spambayes] do u support Eudora?

Tom Peters tpeters at mixcom.com
Wed May 26 10:13:25 EDT 2004

I use Spambayes quite successfully with Eudora Pro. You don't use the
Outlook plug-in (obviously) but rather the HTML interface with Spambayes'
POP3Proxy, sorry, that feature has been renamed "SBServer".

These instructions were for an older version but you can adapt them, along
with the info that comes along with the package.
http://entrian.com/sbwiki/POP3ServiceQuickStartGuide

It explains how to set up sbserver as a proxy in between Eudora and your
ISP. It looks at mail before Eudora does and adds headers:

You then need 2 simple filters in Eudora instead of hundreds. One to check
for X-Spambayes-Classification: unsure and flag it for attention, one to
check for X-Spambayes-Classification: spam and trash it.

Note that Eudora handles Mime headers properly, that is,
counter-intuitively. When you write the filter, you have to type (manually,
it's not in the pull down list!) the whole name of the header, which is
"spam" (no quotes). It took me a while to figure that out.