[Spambayes] Spambayes failure on a message

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed May 26 19:05:17 EDT 2004

> The message included as an attachment was found in my inbox.
>
> I found the following set of SpamBayes headers on it:
>
> ----------begin snip----------
>  .  File "spambayes\message.pyc", line 243, in setPayload
>  .  File "email\Parser.pyc", line 245, in _parsebody
>  .BoundaryError: multipart message with no defined boundary
> ----------end snip----------

Are you using the binary, or source?  If source, what version of Python?
The message parses fine for me, although I can see that it's malformed.

If a lot of messages with a particular malformation arrive (like the recent
spate of ones that generated TypeErrors) then we can add in code to deal
with them, but if there are just a few it's not really worth it.  In the
longer term we'll be using the newer Python email package which handles all
malformed mail much nicer, and that should eliminate almost all these
problems (we'll build the binaries with it, and source users can update to
it, or we might possibly bundle it).  It's not really worth duplicating
Barry/Anthony's work there to fix all the problems here (since we do at
least catch the error rather than die - so you could treat all messages with
a "X-SpamBayes-Exception" header as unsure).