[Spambayes] More Error Messages in log file?

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu May 27 00:13:04 EDT 2004

> I don't use a proxy that I know of.  I have a local Firewall
> (Kerio 2.1) and a Hardware Firewall (a Linksys Router).  I
> don't think that it is even getting to Kerio as I see not
> activity there.

What's happening is that it's trying to retrieve a webpage (and uses the
information from there to determine if there is a new version).  Basically
all the code is in the Python core Library, so is subject to the same
limitations.  If you'd like to figure out why it is (alternatively you can
just subscribe to spambayes-announce, and get the same information pushed
rather than pulled), then the best thing would be to install Python and try
running a few commands.  Let me know if you want to do this.

<http://spambayes.org/contact.html>
<http://python.org/download>

> Outlook is setup as Internet only so there
> is no Exchange server involved, so they are all local.

That's interesting - I'd only found references to that error code in
relation to Exchange.  If we had the wrong store/entry id we could get this
error, but if that was happening then a lot more should be failing.  Have
you tried running Outlook's Detect and Repair and using the scanpst tool on
the PSTs?

But in your original message you said:

>  This message arives in a folder and
> the Spam field has nothing in it.

So I'm not clear on what is happening here.  Is the score missing at times,
or not?

> The buttons do what I expect them to do,
> but I am not an expert user, so I can only say that they
> appear to go to the correct folder.

If they're getting to the folder, then the training has almost certainly
succeeded, because that happens first.  So everything works, and your only
problem is that there are errors in the log?  In that case, don't worry
about it.  This is not an important problem, and it is not interfering with
the operation of the plug-in.  If you really want the log to be clean, then
open a bug report, but it's not going to effect anything.  You don't *need*
to look at the log, after all.

> Here is an example of
> clues for a message that my rules identified as Junk mail and
> sent the message to the Junk PST.Folder:

What I wanted was for you do do this with one of the messages that didn't
have a score that had arrived in the unsure folder (as described in your
original message).  If the score (before training) was in the unsure range,
then the problem was probably just that the score wasn't being saved.  If
the score was not in the unsure range, then the problem was probably in the
scoring/message retrieval.  However, it now appears that you don't have
messages like this, so it doesn't matter.

=Tony Meyer

---