[Spambayes] More Error Messages in log file?

VBCoder VBCoder at iUpTown.com
Thu May 27 07:58:20 EDT 2004

Hi Tony,
Auto Update,
I think I know what the problem is for this one.  I have my firewall set up
to reject any port 80 traffic from outlook.exe.  Because this product is
running in outlooks address space, it is blocked.  Could you provide me with
the IP addresses and ports that need to be accessed and I will build a rule
that allows them.

Error Messages
I think I am getting confused here.  I am not sure if Spambayes or the rules
I created get the message first, but I assume that Spambayes does.  Assuming
that, here is what I am seeing.  I have several PSTs, each of them is a
Category.  In Each PST I have Folders and subfolders.  There is one main
Inbox that all mail gets delivered to.  The rules eventually move all
messages from the Inbox to folders in other PSTs.  If I open the Inbox, I
can see messages arrive in the Preview pain and can see % values in the Spam
field.  The messages are going through so fast, I can't determine if they
all have % values in them.  I can only say that some have the value.  All
messages that arrive in the Spam and/or Unsure folder have a % value in
them.  These Folders are in my Junk PST and is not the PST that has the
Inbox that messages get delivered too.  Many of the messages that get
delivered to the other folders via my rules are the ones that do not have a
% value in them  The example I gave of a message that did not have a value
was from my Junk Folder in the Junk PST.  The Junk rules that are built into
Outlook are the rules that put them there.  I get messages without a % value
in all of the folder/PST combinations, even folder in the PST that the Inbox
is in.  There is one thing that I have been playing with that seems to
effect the number of messages that do not have the % value.  The longer the
delay in the Filter timer, the greater the number of messages that do not
have % values.  I have turned the filter timer off for now to see what that
does.  I can't find an explanation of what the different settings for that
function does.  I would like to understand what it is for, and why it is
there.  This may have something to do with this.  I also suspect that the
multiple PSTs might have a role to play in this too.

I do run the repair tools at times but not lately.  I will run that and see
what happens.  I am not having any other problems so I have not felt the
need to run it.

Paul