[Spambayes] spam on the spambayes mailing list

Michael C. Neel neel at mediapulse.com
Thu May 27 09:06:09 EDT 2004

> Wading through all this is a bit tiresome, especially since the mailing
> list is for supporting anti-spam software.

It's a feature, I hear the next version of spambayes will be able to
train itself, just by pointing it to the list archives =p

Seriously though, I use spambayes on the list, and it clean it up so I
never notice the spam, and I open lists are nice for people that want to
make just one post and not subscribe - which is the case when people are
installing for the first time.  I think if you would block them, there
would be a good about of bugs that you wouldn't hear about because
making a report would involve too much effort and some people won't
bother.  Yes I know it wouldn't be much effort, but considering that
spambayes is intended for users you want to make it as easy as possible.

Mike