[Spambayes] list

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Fri May 28 10:11:47 EDT 2004

[Scott Flemming]
> I just watched as this program deleted a personal e-mail I was expecting
> from a reliable source.

Assuming you're talking about some version of SpamBayes, no, no version of
SpamBayes ever deletes email.  Depending on which version you're using, at
worst it may have moved that email into the Unsure or Spam folder you
configured.

> How do I get the program to not do this?

SpamBayes decisions are based entirely on what you train it on.  When a
message you want is classified as spam, it's important to train on that
message as ham.  Training is the only way SpamBayes learns.  Again, how you
do this training depends on the version of SpamBayes you're using
(pop3proxy, Outlook addin, ..., you didn't say).

You might also profit from reading the FAQ entry on whitelists:

    http://spambayes.sf.net/faq.html