[Spambayes] More Error Messages in log file?

VBCoder VBCoder at iUpTown.com
Mon May 31 16:23:08 EDT 2004

Hi Tim,

It appears that all of the issues I am seeing are related to Spambayes not
seeing a message before my Outlook rules.  This brings me to the sad
realization that SpamBayes is unusable in my environment.

I had asked a question about the purpose of the Filter timer and you
responded with "read the code".  I don't have the code and I don't have the
time or inclination to read the code.  If I did, I would write the code
instead.  I don't know what language it is written in, I am guessing it is
not one that I am conversant in like assembly or VB.  A simple answer would
have  sufficed.  Don't bother responding as it would make little difference
as I am already looking for a product that will work in my environment.

Hint: If you wrote the Outlook piece as a custom rule, I would have been
able to put it first to insure it would always fire before my rules moved
it.  But I am sure you already thought of that.

You last comment about turning on background filtering is not the answer.
When turned on, almost all messages are missed (blank percent).  This
setting seems to insure that it is always fired after the Outlook rules, at
least in OL2K.

It is too bad that Spambayes will not work for me in my environment as it
really looked promising.  I did not want to use a proxy for one and I am not
willing to change the other software I am currently using.

Thanks for your time and input,
Paul