problem training from mbox Re: [Spambayes] Trained 0 out of 0 messages?

Juman Byun olbyun at hotmail.com
Mon May 31 22:43:27 EDT 2004

I'm using Spambayes-1.0rc1 with Python 2.3.4 on RedHat Enterprise Linux ES
3.0
I also upgraded Python 2.2.3 to 2.3.4 just in case.

There are two mbox files that I'm trying to use to train Spambayes
mbox_inbox (212513 bytes)
mbox_spam (32851 bytes)

I ran
$ /usr/bin/sb_mboxtrain.py -d $HOME/.hammie.db -g $HOME/mbox_inbox -s
$HOME/mbox_spam
Training ham (/home/olbyun/mbox_inbox):
  Reading as Unix mbox
  Trained 0 out of 0 messages
Training spam (/home/olbyun/mbox_spam):
  Reading as Unix mbox
  Trained 0 out of 0 messages

Now the file size is reset to 0 and the file size of .hammie.db is not
changed. I'm not sure if this is a normal behavior.
mbox_inbox (0 byte)
mbox_spam (0 byte)