[Spambayes] IMAP Error: Must specify server details first

usr7-28hl at xemaps.com usr7-28hl at xemaps.com
Mon Nov 1 03:23:24 CET 2004

I thought I had posted this followup message on October 7th and
wondered why I hadn't received a reply. In the meantime, I've
been unable to use SpamBayes. I just discovered the message in my
Drafts folder! Sigh....

Tony Meyer wrote:

  >>Wow, Tony, such service! Do you find time for anything else?
>
> Well, a great many other people also work on the project, of course :)

Of course. I was referring to your numerous posts to this list,
and to the fact that you replied to my first message even
immediately.

> And
> sometimes (like now) replies can take some time (sorry) - and even then,
> there are still 212 spambayes at python.org messages that I would like time to
> address after this one...

Sorry to be impatient....

[snip]

>>Now, tonight, when I start the script:
>>
>>sb_imapfilter.py -b -v
>>
>>I'm not getting a browser window. The verbose output gives me
>>three messages, which look okay, with no errors, but no
>>browser. And opening a browser window and entering the URL
>>manually gives me an error.

[snip[

> It's very strange that you don't get an error, and can't access the web
> interface.  Has anything else changed in this time?  If you telnet to port
> 8880 when imapfilter is running can you connect?  (Or you could use netstat
> to see if it's listed).

Just tried it again. Here's what I entered at the command prompt,
and the results in each case:

1. >sb_imapfilter.py -c -t -l 5
SpamBayes IMAP Filter Version 0.4 (May 2004)
and engine SpamBayes Engine Version 0.3 (January 2004).

2. >sb_imapfilter.py -b -v
SpamBayes IMAP Filter Version 0.4 (May 2004)
and engine SpamBayes Engine Version 0.3 (January 2004).

c:\...\SpamBayes\Proxy\hammie.db is an existing database, with 0
spam and 0 ham
Done.

3. >telnet localhost:8880
Connecting to localhost:8880...Could not open connection to the
host, on post 23: Connect failed