[Spambayes] Installation Question

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue Nov 2 07:07:30 CET 2004

>>> I downloaded and ran the installation program, but
>>> nothing seems to happen.

[I ask about log files]

> **Yes, actually there are 4.  The first 2 say "registration
> complete"; the 4th says:
> "Loaded bayes database from 'C:\Documents and
[...]
> SpamBayes: Watching (for filtering) in 'Personal Folders/Inbox'
> SpamBayes: Watching (for filtering) in 'Hotmail/Inbox'
> SpamBayes: Watching (for incremental training) in 'Personal
> Folders/Junk
> E-Mail'
> Processing missed spam in folder 'Inbox' by starting a timer
> Processing missed spam in folder 'Inbox' by starting a timer
[...]
> SpamBayes - Disconnecting from Outlook
> SpamBayes has processed zero messages
> Addin terminating: 2 COM client and 2 COM servers exist."

This is strange - the log indicates that SpamBayes is running happily.

Is the SpamBayes toolbar definitely not visible?  If you right-click on the
toolbars and choose "Customize", is the SpamBayes toolbar listed there?

Check to see if SpamBayes is disabled by Outlook: Help->About Microsoft
Outlook->Disabled Items.

The troubleshooting guide has some other tips to try and get the toolbar to
appear, so it would be worth trying those:

<http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/spambayes/spambayes/Outloo
k2000/docs/troubleshooting.html?rev=HEAD>

(My mailer will break that URL - it should be all on one line)