[Spambayes] outlook plugin /Norton Antivirus problem

Ingram, Mark marki at athena.dev.unc.edu
Wed Nov 3 17:41:44 CET 2004

I'm wondering if anyone has seen this problem and has a fix?
If I receive an email with a virus attached and I tell SpamBayes that I want
to delete as spam or if it automatically files it in my Junk Emails folder,
Norton Antivirus comes up saying that it has detected a virus. I have
reading (preview) panes turned off for all folders. The only way this can
happen is if SpamBayes opens the letter in the background to search for spam
patterns. Is this the case?   How do I keep it from opening the virus
infected email?
tx in advance!

Mark
marki at athena.dev.unc.edu