[Spambayes] Unable to Access SpamBayes Browser Interface Usingsb_imapfilter.py

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu Nov 4 04:12:33 CET 2004

> I'm reposting this problem because it was buried in another
> thread and apparently got lost:

There was a response from Scott Burns:

<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/spambayes/2004-November/015109.html>

He's correct that the problem here:

> 3. >telnet localhost:8880
> Connecting to localhost:8880...Could not open connection to
> the host, on post 23: Connect failed

Is that you need to do "telnet localhost 8880" (no colon) in order to test
the connection.

When you know if you can telnet to it, you'll know whether the web interface
isn't being served, or if it's a problem connecting to it in your browser.
The latter is likely to be something to do with proxies or firewalls that
you are using.  The former could be a SpamBayes bug.