[Spambayes] Fatal error, run database recovery

Laurence Baker tbaker818 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 6 23:04:37 CET 2004

Hello,

I shut down Outlook while Spambayes was deleting confirmed spam and ever
since, even after an uninstall and reinstall, it won't respond to any of the
button commands.

Here is what the log says (sounds like I need to run recovery on the
database, but I didn't see anything about that in the troubleshooting
guide). Any help would be much appreciated.

Folders/Inbox - pythoncom error: Python error invoking COM method.

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "win32com\server\policy.pyc", line 275, in _Invoke_

  File "win32com\server\policy.pyc", line 280, in _invoke_

  File "win32com\server\policy.pyc", line 542, in _invokeex_

  File "addin.pyc", line 637, in OnClick

  File "addin.pyc", line 161, in TrainAsSpam

  File "train.pyc", line 52, in train_message

  File "spambayes\classifier.pyc", line 273, in learn

  File "spambayes\classifier.pyc", line 384, in _add_msg

  File "spambayes\storage.pyc", line 281, in _wordinfoset

  File "shelve.pyc", line 130, in __setitem__

  File "bsddb\__init__.pyc", line 120, in __setitem__

bsddb._db.DBRunRecoveryError: (-30982, 'DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run
database recovery -- fatal region error detected; run recovery')

Thank you,

Laurence Baker

http://www.netmarkhome.com