[Spambayes] Outlook 2003 is eating our lunch ?

Jesse Pelton jsp at PKC.com
Wed Nov 10 14:15:31 CET 2004

I imagine there will be a place for the Outlook plugin for some time to
come. I'm not quite sure why Microsoft hasn't implemented Bayesian
filtering; it's easy to understand, easy to use, and highly effective
(at least as implemented in SpamBayes). If Outlook caught 204 out of 304
spams, it may not be half bad, but it's about a third bad. SpamBayes
does much better for me, and if it doesn't, it's not hard to retrain it.
With Outlook's filtering, you take what you get.

________________________________

	From: spambayes-bounces at python.org
[mailto:spambayes-bounces at python.org] On Behalf Of Katz, Amir
	Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 2004 4:15 AM
	To: spambayes at python.org
	Subject: [Spambayes] Outlook 2003 is eating our lunch ?

	I'm no big fan of Micro$oft, but I must admit that the junk mail
filter that comes with Outlook 2003 client is not half bad. It
intercepts almost all e-mails which are in Korean and other Asian
languages, as well as many of the normal spam. From a quick count that I
did, in the last 48 hours or so I got 304 spams, and Outlook intercepted
204 of them.

	Amir