[Spambayes] New Spambayes feature?

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Sun Nov 14 14:58:39 CET 2004

    B> I was thinking that spambayes could include something in its
    B> detection engine which would convert ASCII letters with accents above
    B> them commonly used to bypass filtering

There is a replace_nonascii_chars option which will replace such characters
with question marks.  I implemented what you asked for awhile ago, but we
didn't add it as it didn't seem to have any effect on accuracy.  Database
size isn't generally a prime consideration, but if you think this particular
technique is bloating databases perhaps it bears looking at again.

Skip