[Spambayes] Install problem

Kenny Pitt kennypitt at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 15 22:25:12 CET 2004

Fabien Baudon wrote:
> I use Windows 2000 NT and Outlook express 6.
> I can't install spambayes outlook addin.
> The message from the log file is:
>     Registered: SpamBayes.OutlookAddin
>     Registration complete.
> I don't find the Tab labelled Other in the Menu Tools/Option of
> Outlook. So, I can't check COM Add-Ins. What can I do? Is the Addin
> compatible with Outlook express 6 Thank you for your answer.

Outlook Express is not the same thing as Outlook, and is not supported by
the Outlook Addin version of SpamBayes.  You'll need to use the POP3 Proxy
version known as sb_server.  Note that the binary installer for this is the
same as for the Outlook Addin, but you need to choose the "Server/Proxy
application" option instead of the "Microsoft Outlook Addin" when
installing.  Also see FAQ #2.1:

http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/faq.html#does-spambayes-work-with-outlook-e
xpress

--