[Spambayes] Linking up to existing training

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Nov 17 01:36:26 CET 2004

> I use Outlook on two networked machines (one at a
> time, of course).
[...]
> I know there's a way to make both
> instances share the same training database but I can't
> remember how to link to the good one.  Could you
> please tell me what steps I need to take?

FAQ 3.14 covers setting the data directory to somewhere else (this is where
the database is stored, so most likely what you're after, assuming the
machine can access the data on the other one):

<http://spambayes.org/faq.html#how-can-i-change-the-directory-that-spambayes
-stores-my-data-in>

You do need to ensure that you're never in the situation where both machines
are accessing the database at once, though, or there's a good chance that
it'll get corrupted.