[Spambayes] Re: How to recover spam to a specific ham folder

Eckhardt Newger enewger at gmx.de
Wed Nov 17 16:52:49 CET 2004

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your reply.

No, I neither use Hotmail nor IMAP.

What I can see though is that all emails first show up in the main
entrance folder, then they are being further processed: Outlook rules
move them to the appropriate subfolders, Spambayes checks for ham/spam
status and moves them to the corresponding folders (spam or unsure
messages) if necessary. An explanation for the problem could be, if
Spambayes comes before Outlook, it moves the emails from the main folder
to the spam folder or to the unsure messages folder, an undo would just
put them back into the main folder.

I changed my Spymbayes configuration and took out the main folder as ham
folder, so Spambayes can only operate on the subfolders. Now it should
restore correctly, because now it knows the subfolder an email came
from. But Spambayes doesn't do as exspected: An email with target
subfolder B and moved by Spambayes to the spam folder is recovered to
subfolder A (the first one in Spambayes' ham folder list).

I have no clue what to do now.

Eckhardt Newger