[Spambayes] no filterable mail items selected.

Bruchesky, Syndi SBruchesky at indoff1.com
Wed Nov 17 21:19:26 CET 2004

I've been using SB for a while now and have had no problems.  I encourage
friends and family to use it as well.

One particular friend tried to install it and filter his pre-sorted emails
(SPAM and Good) folders.  It will not train on them.  It keeps saying 2
good, 2 spam, when there are actually about 50 in the SPAM folder and 25 in
the Inbox (good) folder.

The following is the latest log file for SB. I've tried installing and
uninstalling several times.  When I try to "delete it as spam"  one of the
emails in the Inbox, or "recover from SPAM" on a good message, I get the
error message "no filterable mail items selected".  However, on new emails,
all emails are going into the Junk Suspects and I CAN click and "delete as
spam" or "recover from spam".  Being that emails come in 20's and 30's or
more at a time, its going to take forever to train everything that comes in.

This pc is running XPPro, SP1, P4, 512MB Ram, Office 2003, SB ver1.0rc1.

Any ideas?  Here is the latest log file for your perusal. - Syndi

Loaded bayes database from 'C:\Documents and
Settings\Administrator\Application
Data\SpamBayes\default_bayes_database.db'
Loaded message database from 'C:\Documents and
Settings\Administrator\Application
Data\SpamBayes\default_message_database.db'
Bayes database initialized with 0 spam and 0 good
messages
SpamBayes Outlook Addin Binary Version 1.0rc1 (May
2004) starting (with engine SpamBayes Engine Version
0.3 (January 2004))
on Windows 5.1.2600 (Service Pack 1)
using Python 2.3.3 (#51, Feb 13 2004, 14:39:56) [MSC
v.1200 32 bit (Intel)]
SpamBayes: Watching (for filtering) in 'Personal Folders/Inbox'
SpamBayes: Watching (for incremental training)
in 'Personal Folders/SPAM'Processing missed spam in folder 'Inbox' by
starting a
timer
FAILED to add the toolbar
item 'SpamBayesCommand.Manager' - (-
2147352567, 'Exception occurred.', (0, None, None,
None, 0, -2147467259), None)
The above toolbar message is common - recreating the
toolbar...
ERROR: 'No filterable mail items are selected'
SpamBayes - Dis