[Spambayes] Off the List Please

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Thu Nov 18 21:06:33 CET 2004

    Jesse> Huh.  I'm stuck with Outlook here at work, and it doesn't display
    Jesse> the footer (maybe because it's text/plain?).  Perhaps part of the
    Jesse> solution is indeed technical, but in Microsoft's court.

(Should I try channelling Tim?  Sounds dangerous...)

Tim uses Outlook.  Here are some telltale headers from an old message of his
I happened to have laying about:

While I'm sure he knows Mailman's behavior well enough to not need to see
header fields or the footer to know what they contain, I suppose he may also
know how to drive Outlook well enough to expose those bits.  Personally, I
stay far enough away from Windows that I haven't any idea how to tell you to
do that.  Tim, Tony or one of the other Outlook users will have to provide
those tips...

    Jesse> You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink,
    Jesse> especially if (as in this case) he doesn't know it's there.

Isn't that why horses have long noses?  So they can smell water a good ways
off? <wink>

Skip