[Spambayes] It all started with SP2

Wright, Lyle J ljw674t at smsu.edu
Fri Nov 19 17:19:00 CET 2004

Could you please help me get SpamBayes to work again?
I've been using it successfully for over a year and once Microsoft SP2
was installed it quit working. Now, SpamBayes loads correctly, assigns
Spam values correctly, puts messages in the "Spam" and "Possible Spam"
folders correctly, but if I try to access any functions, it performs the
function but then it also shuts down Outlook. Thus, I can not click on
any Spambayes toolbar buttons (or dropdown list to configure) without it
shutting down Outlook as it performs the function.
I have read through your troubleshooting guide, reset the Outlook
toolbars by deleting outcmd.dat. Uninstalled SpamBayes and reinstalled
it. Nothing works to eliminate this problem. I also registered on
SourceForge to study the bugs there. It is similar to 956834, but not
the same. I am stuck and would appreciate your insights. Since I am not
a programmer, I don't know where to start to try to fix this. In the log
file below, I recovered a message from 'Possible Spam' folder, and it
performed the function, but then shut down Outlook.
*	the version of Windows you are using-Window XP Version 2002-SP2
*	the version of SpamBayes - Version 1.0
*	any log files. - see below
Warning: option experimental_ham_spam_imbalance_adjustment in section
Classifier is deprecated
Loaded bayes database from 'C:\Documents and
Settings\ljw674t\Application Data\SpamBayes\default_bayes_database.db'
Loaded message database from 'C:\Documents and
Settings\ljw674t\Application Data\SpamBayes\default_message_database.db'
Bayes database initialized with 574 spam and 210 good messages
SpamBayes Outlook Addin Binary Version 1.0 (July 2004) starting (with
engine SpamBayes Engine Version 0.3 (January 2004))
on Windows 5.1.2600 (Service Pack 2)
using Python 2.3.3 (#51, Dec 18 2003, 20:22:39) [MSC v.1200 32 bit
(Intel)]
SpamBayes: Watching (for filtering) in 'Mailbox - Wright, Lyle J/Inbox'
SpamBayes: Watching (for filtering) in 'Lyle's PC/Inbox'
SpamBayes: Watching (for incremental training) in 'Mailbox - Wright,
Lyle J/Spam'
Processing missed spam in folder 'Inbox' by starting a timer
Processing missed spam in folder 'Inbox' by starting a timer
Creating new SpamBayes toolbar to host our buttons
Recovering to folder 'Inbox' and ham training message 'AWADmail Issue
143' -  Training on message 'AWADmail Issue 143' in 'Mailbox - Wright,
Lyle J/Possible Spam -  trained as good

Thanks - Lyle
Lyle J. Wright - Coordinator & Adjunct Faculty
Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
Southwest Missouri State University - West Plains
128 Garfield
West Plains, MO 65775
FON: (417) 255-7966
FAX: (417) 255-7963