[Spambayes] Out of Office Assistant

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Nov 24 00:26:32 CET 2004

> I am wondering why, when using Microsoft Outlook 2000,
> SpamBayes does not forward ALL mail when the out of office
> assistant is turned on.  I would like to configure it so that
> all mail is forwarded to a remote location to ensure that an
> accidental SPAM message gets forwarded.

Maybe I'm missing something, but shouldn't you just then untick the "Enable
SpamBayes" box when you turn Out of Office on, then?

If I want to auto-forward mail, I use the Outlook rules, not the Out of
Office stuff, so I'm not sure when that kicks in.  If it's at the same time
as the rules, though, then SpamBayes ought to run after it (assuming you
have background filtering enabled).  If it runs in some sort of batch mode
or something, then maybe you can get the Out of Office tool to forward mail
arriving in more than one folder?  Or increase the background filtering
times?

=Tony.Meyer