[Spambayes] spambay

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu Nov 25 01:01:56 CET 2004

>>> I can't uninstall spambays.
>>
>> Please see FAQ 3.16:
>>
>> <http://spambayes.org/faq.html#how-do-i-uninstall-the-plug-in>
>>
>> As described in there, the toolbar isn't removed on uninstall
>> (this is an unresolved bug), so you have to manually remove it.
>
> Okay Tony you sent me this but it is not helping...i have
> deleted from add remove and it is still here!!

By still there, do you mean that you have a non-functioning (i.e. clicking
on it does nothing) toolbar?  If so, then as I said above, and as the FAQ
explains, that is a bug, which means you need to manually remove the toolbar
yourself.  The FAQ explains how to do that.

If you mean that you uninstalled via Add/Remove Programs and you still have
a *functioning* SpamBayes, then:

 * Did you install the source version as well?  If so, you'll need to run
addin.py --unregister to remove that.

 * Are you positive?  It seems very unlikely.

 * Are the files in C:\Program Files\SpamBayes still there?  (Or wherever
you chose to install it).