[Spambayes] RE: [Spambayes-announce] ANNOUNCE: SpamBayes release 1.0.1

Tony Meyer ta-meyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu Nov 25 08:21:30 CET 2004

[Tony Meyer]
>> The SpamBayes team is pleased to announce release 1.0.1 of
>> SpamBayes.

[Gerrit]
> ~/cvs/spambayes/spambayes$ cvs update -PCdfR
> cvs update: Updating .
> cvs update: Updating resources
> cvs update: Updating test
> ~/cvs/spambayes/spambayes$ cat __init__.py
> # package marker.
>
> __version__ = '1.0rc1'
>
> Is this a mistake?

You had me worried for a minute :)  No, it's not.

You're doing a CVS update from CVS Head above (presumably).  The code in
there will eventually be 1.1a1 - the 1.0 code was forked off into a separate
branch (release_1_0_branch, IIRC) at the time of 1.0rc1.  The __init__.py
file isn't usually updated until a new release is made, so the CVS Head one
is still sitting there as it was when it was forked.  If you get the 1.0.1
source archive the __init__.py in there will have __version__ == '1.0.1'.

I suppose we could have the CVS version be something like "CVS" and just
change it for a release, but there doesn't really seem to be much point.

Make sense?