[Spambayes] Spambayes problem!

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Fri Nov 26 01:23:50 CET 2004

> I have 2 problems with spambayes, I did all the options
> that where shown in the Troubleshooting Guide.
> One problem is that I can't get a second user on a computer
> with Outlook. If I try so I get this message:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "addin.py", line 1546, in ?
>   File "win32com\server\register.pyc", line 483, in UseCommandLine
>   File "win32com\server\register.pyc", line 413, in RegisterClasses
>   File "win32com\server\register.pyc", line 181, in RegisterServer
>   File "win32com\server\register.pyc", line 32, in _set_string
> pywintypes.error: (5, 'RegSetValue', 'Access is denied.')
[...]
> What is the problem?!?!?!

It appears that you don't have access to set the required registry key.
You'll need to run the registration utility as a user with suitably high
permission to be able to enable SpamBayes for all users (e.g. as
administrator).

> My second problem is that the button's won't work. If I select
> "Filter messages"  from the spambayes menu the spambayes program
> filter the messages for me, if I start spambayes it filers my
> messages olso. But the button's won't work.

This is with the working, first, user, correct?  We'd need to see your log
file (instructions about finding them are in the troubleshooting guide) to
know for sure, but the most common cause of these symptoms is a corrupted
database, and the solution is to retrain from scratch.

=Tony.Meyer