[Spambayes] email evades Spambayes

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Fri Nov 26 03:28:23 CET 2004

> There is a bug of some sort in the pop3 proxy which causes it
> to pass all mail without filtering if it hangs.

Are you positive?  I cannot reproduce this (Eudora, Thunderbird, Outlook
Express) - if the proxy hangs, then the mail clients generates an error, as
one would expect.  Are you certain there isn't a secondary connection
directly to the server that's working and gets the mail instead?  A test
would be whether mail that's downloaded when the proxy hangs has the
SpamBayes headers.