[Spambayes] Msg for Tony about earlier problems.

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Fri Nov 26 03:31:37 CET 2004

[Description of doing a clean install]
> Hey presto: all is now working fine.

:)

> So far it's been running for just over a week and the only
> real issue I have isn't with SB itself it's with configuring
> the AV not to touch the SB cache, where there are [as one might
> expect] a lot of infected items which never make it into our
> mail system thanks to pre-processing of SB headers.

This is similar to the problem that some people have where their anti-virus
software finds viruses in the cache directories.  I can't think of any way
to work around this, though, other than manually telling the AV software
that it's not a problem (as you describe).

> I /think/ that's cracked the problem. Many thanks for your
> patience and the time spent on debugging.

No worries - let me know if there are any more problems.  Thanks for your
help in figuring out how the service should operate - I'll commit the
updated script at some point so it'll behave much better in 1.1.

=Tony.Meyer