[Spambayes] It all started with SP2

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Fri Nov 26 06:21:57 CET 2004

> 6. The other outlook plugin is Plaxxo, but it hasn't really
> given me any troubles prior to, or since.

I downloaded that in case it was some sort of conflict, but I don't have any
troubles running them both, so I presume it's not.

> 7. I think I could try a download if that might work. Since
> our server blocks executables, I'd have to figure out a way
> to do that with your help, but I can download and install
> software in my PC from the web.

I can put it online easily enough.  What I'm testing is whether setting the
toolbar to temporary instead of permanent will change anything (other than
that, it is exactly identical to 1.0.1).  If this version doesn't help, then
you can just uninstall and delete it and put the regular one back.

To try it out:

  1.  Download it from
<http://www.massey.ac.nz/~tameyer/spambayes-tester-261104.exe>

  2.  Close Outlook.

  3.  Uninstall the existing SpamBayes (with the regular Windows Add/Remove
Programs control panel)

  4.  Completely reset the Outlook toolbars by removing the file \Documents
and Settings\{username}\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outcmd.dat.

  5.  Run the installer.

  6.  Open Outlook and try the toolbar out.

=Tony.Meyer