[Spambayes] Spambayes stopped working?

Ian Wigle iwigle at rogers.com
Fri Oct 1 00:21:04 CEST 2004

I have followed up with this advice.

Spambayes succeeds in opening port 8880, as well as SMTP and POP3. These
only show open with the "netstat -a" command recommended.

And also, email is passed from POP3 through to localhost (forgive me if I
describe this poorly...) , so that Outlook express "receives" the mail from
the localhost server.

However, localhost:8880 is not found by Internet Explorer when I attempt to
load the various Spambayes interface pages. (home, configuration, etc.)

Re-installing Spambayes source 1.0 did not correct this behaviour.

Can anyone suggest someplace else to look or something to try?

Many thanks,
Ian Wigle